Thursday, April 27, 2006

FRANKENSTEIN GLOW PUTTY

I had this as a kid and I got it stuck in the shag carpet in my bedroom. We could never completely get it all out. So at nighttime I always had a glowing spot of carpet. It was cool!

In the 1970's it seems like everyone had their one type of Putty. There was this one, Frankenstein Glow Putty and then there was Bugs Bunny Putty, Flash Gordon Galaxy Putty, Star Trek The Motion Picture Putty, The Pink Panther Putty, The Incredible Hulk Power Putty and The Amazing Spider-Man Power Putty. The 1960's had The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Secret Print Putty and Batman Print Putty.

I guess back in the day it was a cool thing to have your own putty if you were a licensed character. I noticed recently that Silly Putty has been using licensed properties to make their own putty more appealing.

No comments: