Wednesday, September 19, 2007

AHOY! IT'S TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY

As I was out for my morning stroll thru the streets of Neato Coolville, I noticed that everyone was talking like a pirate. I thought to myself that this was a little odd especially since I was walking down Main Street. Now if I had been walking down Pirate Alley I wouldn’t have thought anything of it as most of the real pirates live on Pirate Alley.

Anyway, I asked a nice chap and in a gruff voice he said, “Ahoy me hearty Mayor, didn’t ye know it was talk like a pirate day?” I had completely forgotten today was Talk Like a Pirate Day! So, right now let me yell out a loud Arrgh, “ARRRGHHHH.” Hey that felt good. Now it’s your turn to yell out a loud and hardy Arrgh. Don’t worry I’ll wait. . .


Didn’t that feel good? Now you’re in the right frame of mind to view a few pirate things that I found in the archives. I wish all ye landlubbers a merry old time this Talk Like a Pirate Day!







3 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

I think you've been talking to our pirate buddy TW a little too much NC. Have a nice pirate day. RIP our beloved audio animatronic pirate captain.

Major Pepperidge said...

Monkeys! Monkeys! Monkeys!

(I know, chimps aren't monkeys...someone's just gonna have to take me to court)

Paul Duca said...

I now live in the next town over from Abington, and the Savings Bank has become part of the Sovereign chain, covering the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region.