Monday, September 07, 2009

THE GOBLINS OF FANTASY FOOTBALL

NFL football begins this week and with it is the start of thousands of fantasy football leagues. I’m sure most of you are familiar with fantasy football. You know - it’s kind of Dungeons and Dragons for sports nerds. Yes, I’ve been in a league with the same group of guys and a couple of gals for the past ten or eleven years.

Just until a few years ago I kept the same team name and my team was named after one of the coolest Mego action figures of all time - The Green Goblin. At first the Goblins usually made the playoffs. One time they reached the Super Bowl but lost a close game to the Live Wires. For the past couple of years I change the team name each season. Past team names have been the Monster Mashers, Cap’n Crunchers, Zombie Armada and this year - The Fighting Sporks!

Every week, all of us post a silly type of photo relating to our team name. Here’s some low res junk that I put together from 2001 - 2005 for my Goblins team. Most of these were inside jokes and spoofs directed to the team I was playing that week.









1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

I guess I shouldn't have dropped acid before reading this post.