Thursday, February 28, 2013


The other day I was talking to my pal Aparofan about the greatness that are Gold Key painted comic covers! Even though I was a Marvel kid and my brother was a DC kid we managed to agree on Gold Key comics back in the 1970s. Those amazing painted covers always stood out on the comic rack! 

For fun, I've made up a handful of 1920 X 1080 desktop wallpapers from Gold Key issues. (Click on the photo for the full size and save to your computer.)  

Star Trek #25

Magnus Robot Fighter #28

Doctor Solar #15

Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery #13

I used this cover because the ghostly green head reminded me of the Frankenstein monster!

 Space Family Robinson #3

 The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor #1 

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea #2

UFO Flying Saucers #5

1 comment:

Mike Middleton said...

Love 'em NC, especially the Magnus and Voyage ones. In fact, the Voyage one is a big hit here at work.