Friday, November 30, 2012

2010: A SPACE ODDITY BY BRAD BLUEBERRY

FLEA MARKET FRIDAYS #77

Recently I picked up this oddball puzzle made by Springbok Editions. It's from the late 60s or early 70s and was part of a series of paperback book puzzle parodies. Before I found this one, I had never seen or heard about these fun puzzles. Since this was a cheap find I didn't care if the puzzle was complete or not. I just wanted it for the silly front and back cover. Thanks to Wacky Packages, I've always been a fan of parody stuff and this box is brilliant in so many ways. 


Reading the back cover is pure silly fun and it makes me want to hear Huck the Robot - Computer's voice!


As you can see this puzzle is complete! I always get a little nervous putting together a second hand puzzle. I've worked on found puzzles before and at the end I've been short a piece or two. Ug, that's such a horrible feeling.


Whoever the artist was for this puzzle did an amazing job! He managed to capture the style of the original 2001 artwork by Robert McCall.

00620-2001 A Space Odyssey

For a comparison, here's the original album cover for 2001: A Space Odyssey. (Uploaded to flickr by goon_town_killer.)

Okay, that was fun. Now if only this book parody was a real book. I would love to read 2010: A Space Oddity!

1 comment:

phairhead said...

Love the author's photo!