Saturday, October 19, 2013

RIP LOU SCHEIMER: THANKS FOR THE CHILDHOOD MEMORIES



Flash Gordon, Tarzan, Shazam, Isis, Groovy Goolies, Fat Albert, Star Trek, Ark II, Jason of Star Command and so many others defined my childhood Saturday mornings and the thanks has to go to Lou Scheimer. 


I was sad to hear the news about his passing. He was one of the co-founders of the great Filmation animation studios and helped produced so many fun memories for kids of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. He and his talents will be missed!


I had the honor of meeting Lou Scheimer back in 2000 at the San Diego Comic-Con. It was so much fun listening to him talk about animation and the history of Filmation at his panel. He was also kind enough to visit with a bunch of us after the panel and sign autographs. He signed this cel from one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons, Flash Gordon. For me, this cel represents childhood good times in front of the TV!

Goodbye Lou and thanks!

No comments: