Saturday, June 20, 2015

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY, JAWS! LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE BAKED YOU A CAKE (BACK IN '75!)



It's hard to believe the movie Jaws is forty years old today! To help celebrate one of the best movies ever made, lets look at this crazy Jaws cake from back in the day. (I found this article in a cooking magazine called Mail Box News.)



Agnes Willis must have been a cake making genius because I love everything about this Jaws cake. Of course the best part of the article is the quote from Agnes, "I cut off one of the doll's legs to fit it in the mouth better." Well played Agnes! 


As a bonus, this magazine had another Jaws cake! Wow, you can almost hear the famous theme! No, wait...that was just my stomach growling for a piece of Jaws cake!




2 comments:

Phillyradiogeek said...

In the spirit of this post, here is a Jaws watermelon. Yes, a Jaws watermelon!

http://phillyradiogeek.tumblr.com/post/122170263016/jaws-watermelon-because

Major Pepperidge said...

Reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom took a cake decorating class. First of all, we at a LOT of cakes, and as my mom got more creative, they took on crazier shapes. She made a Charlie Brown shaped cake for me (I was really into "Peanuts" at the time).