Good evening and welcome to the 2026 Neato Coolville Halloween Countdown!
This year I've been working on genealogy and digging into the vast archives of Newspapers.com. Sometimes I get sidetracked and enjoy looking at the old ads and articles. Of course this led me down a Halloween path. I started looking up store ads featuring costumes and candy. Then I moved onto fast food restaurant ads. I did the same thing for supermarkets and movie theaters and...well...things got out of hand and I ended up saving a bunch of Halloween clippings. So there's no better place than here, the Halloween Countdown, to feature old random newspaper clippings. I hope you enjoy these inky black and white Halloween treats all month. I'll be posting each day which will hopefully make The Great Pumpkin appear.
Here's a sampling of the type of clippings to expect during our favorite month of the year.
1976 Columbia, MO
No comments:
Post a Comment