Friday, June 09, 2006

Green Rocket Over Retro City


This new drawing was inspired by all those old Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers movie serials, and the city is kind of ‘64 World’s Fair-ish.

I wish we had cities that looked like this and cool rocket ships to fly around in. The purple sky would probably get old and why is the sky purple anyway? Hmm . . . Maybe it was the nukes, or how about an asteroid blocking out the sun, or better yet aliens changing our atmosphere. Oh, I know, how about we changed the sky purple so it would smell like grape soda or grape bubble gum or . . . Oops, sorry, I got carried away.

1 comment:

Kirk D. said...

Hey Todd,
I'm flipping out over your blog and your flickr account! Great images and so much stuff I love. Manglor! Comic Ads! Monsters! (I have those little easers too)

I linked to you from my blog secretfunspot.blogspot.com
I've been doing the same thing.. posting fun stuff that I loved as a kid.

I'm actually one state away from you (arkansas) and two years younger so we probably had similar childhoods.

Anyway, keep up the good work!