Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKSGIVING AT OSAGE BEACH ELEMENTARY 1976

Thanksgiving was always fun in elementary school! Ah, memories of making construction paper pilgrim hats, learning about the Mayflower and eating stringy turkey and mashed potatoes that came from an ice cream scoop and covered with yellow slime gravy. Mmm mmm mmm, those were good times!!!

Here's a newspaper clipping of the lunch room in my elementary school. I was in the first grade and my class is sitting in the back behind the second and third grades. We're all decked out in our Thanksgiving paper costumes.


I'm glad my first grade teacher Miss Fischer gave me a star for my efforts on this Thanksgiving writing assignment.



Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

PTA Transit Authority said...

Happy Thanksgiving... wishing all the best for you and your family, Richard.

Glen Mullaly said...

Fun! Too bad the quality wasn't better so we could make out the little Mayor in the back row.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Super writing assignment, mine never looked so neat :-)

Gunnar and Sherry said...

Congratulations on that star. I just found your blog and love it! Way cool! I've got an Eccentric Roadside blog you might like: http://eccentricroadside.blogspot.com/
Cheers!
Gunnar Johnson

Todd Franklin said...

PTA - Richard, thanks and hope you and your family had the same!

Glen - I need to raid the newspapers photo archive.

Vintage Disland Tickets - I think I was better then than I am now.

Gunnar & Sherry - Thanks, I've always been proud of that star! Glad you found the blog and I'll check out your blog too!!