Thursday, March 08, 2012

GIF GIVING: SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE


You know what I would like to see?  An animated movie of the Splinter of the Mind's Eye in the style of a Ralph McQuarrie painting.  James Earl Jones, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels could easily reprise their famous roles as voice actors.  Can you imagine?  It would be the greatest Star Wars project since the original trilogy!

Later today, I'll post my last Ralph McQuarrie animated Star Wars cover with The Empire Strikes Back The Illustrated Edition.    

3 comments:

David W. said...

I remember this cover! I never read the book though. There was a kinda buzz going around school that this was going to be the sequel to Star Wars. Yeah we were stupid kids.

Nice job with the GIFs Todd. All done in Photoshop? I also like your punny "GIF Giving" post title

Todd Franklin said...

Thanks David! Yep, I made the frames using photoshop and then used a gif animation app.

Splinter had our school playground buzzing too about it being the sequel. Weren't we all kinda stupid kids in the 70s?

Joe Sherlock said...

Oh my God that would be awesome!