Wednesday, April 02, 2008

JIM MOONEY R.I.P.

The comic’s world lost another wonderful talent and this time it was Jim Mooney. An amazing artist that has drawn almost every DC and Marvel character since he started working during the golden age of comics. He is best known for his work on Supergirl, Dial H For Hero, Man-Thing and Spider-Man.

I really enjoyed his work inking Al Milgrom on Spectacular Spider-Man back in the 80's, especially during those Black Cat issues.

I had the pleasure of meeting gentleman Jim Mooney twice at two conventions. Once in the early 90's and again in 2005. The piece below is a commission that the first lady got for me back in 2002 and it’s one of my favorite pieces of artwork in my collection.

Read this write up by Mark Evanier.

1 comment:

Mr. Karswell said...

Very nice illustration. It's sad when legends like Mooney pass away. If your fellow readers are interested in seeing a non-hero horror story that Mooney created in pre-code era Atlas they can view one I posted yesterday, here's a direct link:
http://thehorrorsofitall.blogspot.com/2008/04/red-as-lobster-jim-mooney-rip.html