Saturday, October 12, 2024

Halloween Packaging Day 12 -- Peeps Marshmallow Monsters


Ah...Peeps! They've been around since the 1950's and primarily they're associated with Easter but they've been putting out their marshmallow treats for Halloween since the 1960's.  I don't remember ever getting any Halloween Peeps when I was a kid but I did save this neato cool package of Peeps Marshmallow Monsters from 2016.  I love when packages incorporate the product as part of the design.  Of course I had to keep this one intact and amazingly the marshmallow Frankenstein has stayed in good condition.  I wonder what he'll look like in 20 years.   
 
Here's a current package of Marshmallow Monsters I just picked up.  I think they need to bring back the older style from 2016 as this new one is kinda boring.  Also, Frankie doesn't look as happy living in the current style package as he does in the old one.   


Found this segment about Halloween Peeps from an episode of Unwrapped from back in the day.  Always fun to visit the factory to see where things are made.   



1 comment:

FrankO said...

ugh, i hate peeps! love the 2016 packaging for sure -- the more recent one looks like they sort of phoned it in. that being said, peeps need to die i a fire.