Friday, February 23, 2007

1977 TIME MAGAZINE - MONSTER TOYS: ARE THEY HEALTHY FOR OUR CHILDREN?


Since Stretch Monster never made the cover of any main stream magazines, I decided to make one up. At first I was going to put him on Famous Monsters, but I passed since that’s kind of an obvious choice and plus he never was part of Filmland. So I wondered what would've landed him on a cover of a magazine that normally didn't feature toys or monsters? Oh yes, a news magazine that would have made some type of social comment about children's toys. I decided Time magazine was the perfect choice.

Sorry I wasn’t ambitious enough to right up a faux article.

1 comment:

Mike Middleton said...

We need to have SM on other magazine covers. How about World War II magazine? The Axis develop a mutant strecthing monster to crush our boys. But the unparalled heart and courage of our fighting men wins out in the end. Something like that.