Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TOM'S MONKEY JUNGLE ELDON, MO

I’m afraid I don’t have much info on this tourist attraction that was once located in Eldon, Missouri at the Lake of the Ozarks. It was next to the Corral Drive-In Theatre and I believe it disappeared sometime in the late 60's or early 70's. Here’s a few souvenirs that I’ve found over the years.








Update - I just found an old brochure from this place and you can see it here. Nice to finally have a photo of the front of this attraction. Also, when you read the brochure you'll notice they advertise a free gift to newlyweds. I bet the ashtray pictured above was the newlywed gift.

4 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

The pride of Eldon. Wish it was still there.

Karswell said...

I just barely remember this too... lots of great stuff from Lake of the Ozarks is now long gone, I barely even recognize the area anymore from the fun place it was when I was a kid.

Todd Franklin said...

Mike - Yes, me too!

Karswell - Yeah, the Lake looks the same as anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

It must of disappeared in the 60s because I grew up there and have never heard of it. I lived there from 74-81.
Thanks for mentioned it, learn something new about my old hometown. :)