Wednesday, May 19, 2010

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 30TH ANNIVERSARY: WELCOME TO EMPIRE WEEK

Vader-In-Flames-Gif

Forget Monday, Empire Week starts today and today is a Friday! Happy Birthday Star Wars 2! Or should I say Episode V? We’ll just say, "Happy Birthday Empire Strikes Back, you still look strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark!"

It’s hard to believe the sequel to Star Wars was released thirty years ago today and it still remains one of the most important movies from the 20th Century.

Three years ago I tackled a month long tribute for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars and I was hoping to give the same attention to The Empire Strikes Back, but time hasn’t been on my side. Yeah, I know I had three years to prepare, but I procrastinated and sadly Empire only gets a week and it deserves so much more.

There’s a ton of info out there on Empire and I doubt I can shed new light on the film. Really I’m not going to try, but instead I’ll enlighten you (or maybe bore you) with my own personal kid time Empire memories. Also, I’ll try to throw in some tidbits like mag scans, favorite trading cards, action figure photos and whatever I find along the way.

Come back later today as I’ll post about seeing Empire for the first time. In the mean time, be sure to visit John Rozum’s blog, as he’s been posting something about Empire every day this month. Start with May 1. (Oops, I noticed he started his celebration with the famous Vader in Flames sticker. I dug out my sticker too and made this gif and it's too late to make something else. Sorry John)

Also, visit Wonderful Wonderblog. Erik has also joined the Empire!

For more fun, go official with Star Wars.com as they celebrate the 30th!

1 comment:

nyrdyv said...

The Empire Strikes Back is indisputably the best cinematic sequel in history.

Cheers!

Steven G. Willis
XOWComics.com