Wednesday, May 29, 2013

REVENGE OF THE JEDI BABIES FROM 8TH GRADE MATH CLASS


Cutesy cartoons ruled Saturday mornings in the mid-1980s with shows like Smurfs, Snorks, Rainbow Brite and the Muppet Babies. I hated those cartoons! There was no more Thundarr the Barbarian or Flash Gordon, but instead just saccharin sweet fluffy fluff.  The stupid tube was forcing me to quit watching cartoons and to grow up. What was Saturday morning coming to? In my 8th grade math class, I attempted to draw my Saturday morning disgust with the above spoof, Revenge of the Jedi Babies. 

 Baby Jabba the Hutt
(The future crime boss doesn't look too menacing here.)

Baby Boba Fett
(Too bad I didn't draw a Baby Sarlacc for Baby Boba to fall into!)

 Baby Bib Fortuna 
(What was I thinking? I should have given him a baby bib!)

Baby Emperor 
(Apparently he has two left feet.)

 Baby Royal Guard 
(Looks like he has an itchy diaper. Yuck!)

 Baby R2-D2
(Get it? He's just the parts that haven't been put together.)


2 comments:

Tom said...

I love these! Did you ever show these to anyone else in class? Did your teachers ever catch you doodling?

my house is cuter than yours said...

So clever! And super awesome you still have these!
~mary~