Friday, May 17, 2013

SHHH...DON'T TELL, BUT I JUST BOUGHT SOME MOON ROCKS

FLEA MARKET FRIDAYS #83

Okay, before the FBI comes knocking at my door, I better explain myself.


This morning at an estate sale, I found two goofy novelty souvenirs based after the Apollo 11 moon landing. I've always been a NASA/space nut and a fan of cheesy novelties, so these framed "moon" souvenirs are pretty darn awesome in my book! Made by Leister Game Company back in 1969.    


Kinda cool these have the original price sticker and are still shrink wrapped. (Good thing, 'cause I don't want those Luna-Tics running around in my house!) At one time, these souvenirs were for sale at Night Hawks Cafe and Gifts, which used to be located in Camdenton, Missouri. Here's an image of the place from an old postcard.


Night Hawks closed more than twenty years ago and the building has hosted many different businesses since then. My "moon" souvenirs orbited a full circle because today's estate sale was held inside the old Night Hawks building. Neato's Believe It or Not!

5 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

Those rocks probably came from the owner's backyard. Great find NC!

Scrapatorium said...

Those are great! I frequently come across NASA stuff at sales. Will keep you in mind.

Glen Mullaly said...

Wild - these are great!

Todd Franklin said...

Mike - You are probably right!

Scrapatorium - Awesome, thanks!

Glen - You got that right!

Tina Nativio said...

Awesome from one space nut to another!