Friday, December 19, 2014

MISFIT TOYS: EMPEROR LEFTY


Misfit Toy Stats
Name - Emperor Lefty
Type - Factory Mistake
Age - 31 years
Origin - Manufactured
Height - 3 3/4"
Demeanor - Awkward

Misfit toy number six comes from the land of Kenner Star Wars action figures and was the first member of my misfit toy group. Emperor Lefty came into my possession back in 1984 when I was in junior high. A kid told me he had a Star Wars Emperor figure with two left legs. He felt ripped-off when he received the defective action figure through the mail. He didn't want it and knew that I was a Star Wars collector and offered to sell it to me. We agreed on the big price of a shiny quarter.  


Emperor Lefty had it kind of difficult in my Star Wars action figure collection. I think the normal figures made fun of him. They never let poor Lefty join in any Star Wars games. He was lonely until the other misfit toys started to show up. He didn't have to feel so different anymore. He regained his confidence as a toy.


Even though he has two left feet and can't dance, he does get around fairly well. Sometimes he's not sure if he's coming or going, but his cane accessory is a big help. He does get into trouble once in awhile when he gets all high and mighty and attempts to rule the galaxy. That's just the emperor in him. Overall, Emperor Lefty is one A-OK toy.

Check back tomorrow for misfit toy #7.

No comments: