Thursday, December 18, 2014

MISFIT TOYS: JUDY BUTTONFACE


Misfit Toy Stats
Name - Judy Buttonface
Type of Misfit - Homemade
Age - Unknown
Origin - Handmade
Height - 4 3/4"
Demeanor - Studious 

Judy Buttonface, our fifth misfit toy, joined our misfit toy group when I discovered her on display at an antique mall. The booth seller had her sitting on top of a showcase along with a bunch of other old toys. Judy stood out from the other toys. Actually she kind of creeped me out. Her painted eyes on her faux mother of pearl button face seemed to follow me as I scanned the booth. I really had no interest in buying her but I picked her up and thought she might be odd enough to stick her in my own antique booth for resale. I always had good luck selling buttons, so I thought she might catch the eye of a button collector. Instead she seemed to fit right in with the other misfit toys, so I kept her.  


Judy might be a bit introverted but she is very well read. Check out the old books she's carrying.  I think Judy's favorite book just might be Rapunzel. Just look at her long locks of blonde hair.  


By the way and to add to her creepiness, Judy's hair is real human hair. I did the flame test and everything. Who's hair is on Judy's button scalp? What's Judy's past history? How old is she? When was she made? These are questions I'll never know.  


I do know Judy has a bad habit of spacing out and just stares a lot. Some of the other misfits try to break through but she's not sharing her secrets just yet.

Check back tomorrow for misfit toy #6!

No comments: