Saturday, October 10, 2015

WICKED LOTTERY OF THE MIDWEST


It's that time of year again when I spend a couple of bucks on my annual Halloween lottery card. This year the Missouri Lottery used a licensed property for the third year in a row. The first two licensed properties were, Ghostbusters and The Walking Dead. This year's design is The Wizard of Oz. Wizard of Oz? Besides the Wicked Witch of the West and the Scarecrow this card doesn't seem very Halloween-y. I guess their market research shows that licensed characters sell better but call me old fashion, I want to see a card with a good old Jack O'Lantern or a generic Frankenstein's monster on the front. Oh well...enough complaining over something most people pitch in the trash soon after learning they didn't win any money. Speaking of scratching, I better see if I can win some gold bricks! My two lucky numbers under the rainbows are 8 and 7. Wish me luck!

Scratching...scratching...scratching...scratching. Oh no, Toto! Looks like that Wicked Witch of the West won this year. Another Halloween lottery ticket and another loser! One of these days, Toto, we're going to win this stupid Halloween lottery!!!


 Here's he other Oz designs as seen in the GIF from the Missouri Lottery website. 



For fun, here's all the Missouri Lottery tickets I've saved since I started playing.

3 comments:

Lady M said...

Hope springs eternal - better luck next year.

Dex said...

Great minds think alike! I just posted on the MA tickets yesterday. (http://aeiouwhy.blogspot.com/2015/10/halloween-2015-ma-lottery-ticket.html)
I started an open Flickr album a couple years ago for people to post their state Halloween tickets in. There's a link in the blog post if you'd like to contribute :)

Todd Franklin said...

Lady M - Thanks I'm sure I'll need some!

Dex - I just checked out your post and yeah your state has a great design this year. I think I contributed some of my older tickets to your Flickr group. I'll have to go and catch up on the ones I haven't added.