Monday, October 12, 2009

COFFIN CANDY - SKELETAL SWEETS

I have a sweet spot of nostalgia for Fleer’s Mr. Bones candy from the 1970's and 80's, so I was excited to find a modern version at my local Walgreens the other day.


Just like Mr. Bones, Skeletal Sweets is a coffin full of candy bones. The sticker on the lid is a saluting skeleton soldier boy who looks like a reject from one of DC’s Weird War comic books.

The coffin is made from a glowing green plastic that looks radioactive and the embossed skeleton inside is a nice touch. Kudos to the designer on that one!


Once the candy bones are put together, he looks like this.


Is it me or does this candy skeleton look like it could be the bones of Arnold Schwarzenegger?

As a bonus you do get a giant skull candy piece that is taped on the outside of the coffin. Sweet!


Note to candy makers of the world - every Halloween keep making coffin candy! Why? Because I dig ‘em. Get it? Dig - like digging up a coffin. Ha, I slay me!

Check out the Japanese version of this candy here.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man, I'm going to have to go over to Walgreen's and see if I can find Skeletal Sweets!

Todd Franklin said...

Go bone-daddy, go!

Will Errickson said...

I thought I'd dreamed those skeletal candies in a coffin... so glad to see they were real. Whew.