Friday, October 23, 2009

WOW - I FOUND A ROCK THAT LOOKS LIKE A HUMAN SKULL

Earlier this year I made an amazing discovery. I wish I could say I was exploring some far off island dodging native spears and jumping out of booby traps when I made my discovery.

Instead I was visiting a friend at his place of business. We were outside leaning on his truck chitchatting when I looked down and noticed an odd looking rock. It was sticking out of the ground right next to my Chuck T’s and it was literally peaking up at me. The half that was exposed looked like a profile of a human skull.

That's right, a HUMAN SKULL!!!


I dug the rock out expecting it to be part of a larger rock, but when I freed it from the dirt it was small, only about two inches wide. The rock is uncanny as it looks like a deformed shape of a human skull. I gotta a second opinon from my friend who agreed that it most certainly looks like a skull. We started laughing and singing the Twilight Zone theme after we realized that next door is a funeral home. Then all of a sudden we looked at each other and we both said, “Hope it isn’t cursed?”




When I show people this geological oddity everyone says the same thing, “That rock is creepy. It looks like a human skull.” Yeah, when you look at it at different angles you can still make out the shape of a skull.

Yesterday, I shot a low-rez video of the rock on my desk.



Might be time to call Ripley’s Believe It or Not!

8 comments:

John Rozum said...

I wonder if Charlie Brown would have felt less depressed, or more depressed if this was one of the rocks thrown into his trick or treat bag.

Great find.

Stephen said...

Great find, Todd! Imagine, most other people would have just passed it over, but not the Mayor of Neato Ghoulville!

Vlad said...

Vlad does not understand. Vlad finds real skulls in the yard of Castle Vlad all of the time! Then again...Vlad puts them there!

Major Pepperidge said...

This is clearly a chupacabra skull.

Kevin Kidney said...

Oh man, now I'm going to have nightmares after this.

Skull A Day said...

We would have plenty of room for this rock in our weekly collection if you would like to submit it.

Check out some of the past contributing alumni

http://skulladay.blogspot.com/search/label/simulacra

Todd Franklin said...

John - We actually had a couple of kids dressed as Charlie Brown in his ghost costume for Halloween.

Stephen - Thanks! Yeah, it was luck, but the five year old in me still picks up rocks here and there.

Vlad - You scare me!

Major - Ooh maybe it is! Someone call MonsterQuest!

Kevin - If you're going to have nightmares you might as well make 'em about the Haunted Mansion.

Skull A Day - Hey, thanks! I'm heading or skulling over there right now!

Anonymous said...

that is a cavemans skull i am a 11 yr old researcher at skulls and rocks