Saturday, October 20, 2012

1982 WORLD SERIES EVEN THINGS FROM OUTER SPACE ROOT FOR THE CARDINALS


It was thirty years ago today that the St. Louis Cardinals won the 1982 World Series! Back when I was twelve, I drew this page of alien/monster doodles in honor of the Cardinals. When I was a kid, I always enjoyed drawing as I watched TV. If I remember correctly, I drew this while watching the World Series with my family.

Since I'm smack dab in the middle of this Halloween countdown, I guess I should try to make this fit in with the other posts.  Okay, let's take a look at some of these things from outer space.


This thing from outer space must be a pitcher!


This thing form outer space is going to drop the ball!


This thing from outer space must be the bat boy!


This thing from outer space is excited to be a Cardinals fan!


This thing from outer space looks more like a cousin it than a thing!


This thing from outer space is probably from the planet Pac-Man!


This thing from outer space could be Gonzo's long lost brother.


This thing from outer space likes to eat baseballs!


This thing from outer space slithers from base to base!


This thing from outer space wishes it had a mitt on each tentacle! 


This thing from outer space is a Ozzie Smith fan because he wears an Ozzie jersey!

The thing from planet Earth who penciled these things from outer space back when he was twelve is wishing for the same success for the 2012 St. Louis Cardinals! Go Cards!!

3 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Al of your drawing crack me up and as 1 Cardinal's fan to another, GO CARDS!
12 in 12!
~Naila Moon

Paul Duca said...

Ahem...THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT~

Todd Franklin said...

Naila - Thanks! It was a great run for the Cards this year. Maybe they can get their 12th championship next year.

Paul - Congrats to the Giants! They really turned it on at the right time.