Thursday, October 04, 2012

DR. HAWKINS' HAUNTED HOSPITAL

In the October 1956 issue of Ford Times there is an interesting one page article on Dr. Hawkins' Haunted Hospital. The article and painting are by Ben Earl Looney. (Click on the page to read.)


I tried to do a quick search to see if this hospital is still standing and where exactly it was. From info found in this PDF from the LSU libraries, Dr. Josiah Edwin Hawkins opened a hospital in Evangeline Parish, Louisiana. Unless he opened more than one hospital, the one in this article was located here. I came up empty in my searches about an old haunted hospital in Evangeline Parish. My guess that this building gave up the ghost long ago. 

Click image for 1920X1080 Wallpaper


I love the surreal cover by James Warren and it works nicely as desktop wallpaper.

Click image for 1920X1080 Wallpaper

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Creepy & Cool, all in one!

Dania said...

Gorgeous artwork featured - thanks for the wallpaper!