Thursday, October 21, 2010

COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN MARCHES ON


The countown is in the home stretch and I hope everyone is visiting the official Countdown to Halloween headquarters. You’ll find a long list of other dedicated bloggers counting down to All Hallows Eve.

Here's a few of my favorite posts from some of the other countdowners -

Pumpkin Pie Bread - I’m anxious for the first lady to make this for me. Looks yummy!

1987 Imagineering Catalog - I went through a monster make-up phase that year and remembered buying tons of stuff from Imagineering. So looking at this catalog really brings back a lot of fun memories for me!

Frankenstein's Chopper - This might be one of the coolest Frankenstein toys ever!

Sir K. Daver's Mortuary Theater - Horror host fun!

The Beast With a Million Eyes Animated Poster - Freakin' awesome!!!

Hugo at the Monster Rally - Check out Kenner's Hugo Man of a Thousand Faces in a monsterific comic book ad.

The Real Ghostbusters ghost and monster animation cels - Hard to pick one favorite, so check 'em all out!

Haunted House and Creepy Castle of Scooby-Doo Part 1 and Part 2 - A gallery of H-B greatness!

Fact About Halloween - Fun!

Fake Zombie paperback covers here and here - These are great!

Stephanie Buscema's Attack of the 50 Foot Woman Halloween Pin-Up - Way cool!

Creepy Crafts from Supermag - I remember this one from childhood.

The Grave of John Rotzum - Wow, now I can make one too! Hmm... that name sounds familiar.

Of course there's many more neato cool posts out there, but I just haven't had the time to view everything. Everyone has been putting together some amazing posts, so a message to all the Halloween countdowners - "Break off a skeleton hand and give yourself a pat on the back!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, you're a peach! Or, I guess, seasonally, a pumpkin! Thanks for the plug. Remember, homemade whipped cream on top of that bread makes it like, logarhythmically better.

Jackie said...

Thanks . your blog is one of my favorites that I have listed on my hallowe'en blog list of Cryptkeepers.

sadly I am not a cryptkeeper as I just found out about it after October began, but it looks like a lot of fun . Maybe next year .

Thanks for the fun facts about halloween posted at Annas Halloween blog.

David W. said...

Thanks for the links to my stuff Todd. I'd call you a peach, but I see someone has beaten me to it. Still you're very considerate and gracious. Who knows I might have one or two more animated posters up my sleeve to post before Halloween.