Saturday, February 23, 2008

BEN CHAPMAN R.I.P.

I’m very sad to hear that Ben Chapman one of the faces behind the Creature From the Black Lagoon passed away on Feb. 21. Two actors played the Creature with Ricou Browning as the underwater Creature and Ben Chapman as the land Creature.

Ben was a wonderful man that really cared for his fans. One example is a recent one when my wife surprised me with an autographed photo from Ben for Christmas last year. She really enjoyed his emails and appreciated the fast and speedy service.


Besides sending the photo Ben also added a signed Gilly Buck, a copy of his 1953 contract and two newspaper article reprints. He really went out of his way to make fans happy and in all the interviews I’ve read, this was always a regular thing for the man who once wore the Creature suit.

He will be greatly missed and condolences to his family, friends and fans. To learn more about Ben Chapman please visit his official website.

No comments: