Friday, February 15, 2008

THE BOTTLE CAP MAN

FLEA MARKET FRIDAYS #29

I’ve probably seen hundreds of these kitchy bottle cap folk art men for sale over the years, but I’ve never purchased one until now. I’m not sure why I picked this guy up? Maybe it was his expression or maybe because he was only two bucks. Regardless he’s starring in today’s flea market find.


He really does have a lot of character in a misfit-toy kind of way. I’m not sure what’s better the Carmen Miranda earrings or the Falstaff Bicentennial beer can for a body? I like the fact that his arms and legs are made from the 2 liter style caps instead of the much thinner regular bottle caps like most the other bottle cap men. The Nehi Orange cap for the neck is a nice touch.


He probably was forgotten about and banished to someone’s attic or garage many years ago. Hopefully he’ll like it better on my computer desk. (I have a feeling he was worried that I was going to leave him outside)

No comments: