Friday, October 09, 2026

Trick Or Treat Safely

I'm a Halloween kid from the 1970's and 80's and I remember all the terrible reports of adults doing heinous acts to harm trick or treaters by contaminating candy.  It was terrible and sad and because of those acts it was necessary for newspapers to print safety reminders.  Here's a batch of 'em with a couple of fun bonus ones that fit in with the topic.  

1980

1975
1989
1970
1976
1980
1970
1985

1970
1976
1988
1979
Yikes!

1999
1988

2 comments:

FrankO said...

Charleston MO had (has?) a law on the books that says that nobody over the age of 14 can trick or treat? How terrible! i kind of grudgingly like the older kids who come late at the end of the evening. At least they aren't out doing other things. I also wonder what that dentist did with all the candy.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I don't mind giving to older kids. I'm glad they are taking part, even if it is ironically. Part of the fun. As to the safety ads here, never had an issue. And when we were kids, our older sister was the most adult we ever had with us. And once she was done with it, we went on our own.