Monday, October 29, 2012

FOUND THE LAST 1953 KRAFT PLASTIC BAG MASK

 ~~~~Halloween Countdown News Flash~~~

I found it! I found the last plastic bag mask from the Kraft Caramels promotion of 1953!


Check out Pumpkin Head, a plastic hood mask for a child to put over his/her head on Halloween!


I first posted about this set of crazy masks during the 2007 Halloween countdown and then again when I found the Old Witch mask in 2008. Back then, I predicted I would find the Pumpkin Head mask in 2009, but I missed by a few years. This last mask showed up on ebay this past September and I was fortunate enough to snag it! Now all four masks have been accounted for!



The gang's all here! Space Helmet, Toto the Clown, Old Witch and Pumpkin Head.

Now I want to see an original snapshot from 1953 of a kid wearing one of these! I won't hold my breath until my face turns blue, but I bet there's a photo out there somewhere.

2 comments:

KINGDINOSAUR said...

Letting you know there appears to be a warehouse find on these Halloween masks. A seller on eBay has currently listed three in the past 24 hours. All unused and all in their original mailing envelopes.

Todd Franklin said...

Big thanks Kingdinosaur for the heads up on the eBay auction. I just bought one!