Friday, October 02, 2015

BRIDES OF DRACULA PAPER BAT PROMO FROM 1960

FLEA MARKET FINDS #89

Just in time for the Halloween countdown, I found a goodie at a neat little antique shop the other day.

Eek! It's a paper bat!


This paper bat is very cool as it's a promotional item for the 1960 film Brides of Dracula, the second Dracula movie from Hammer Films.

I've always been a Hammer horror fan and finding this bat was kind of a thrill. I wonder if it was distributed as a hand out during a screening of Brides. I can imagine some kid holding on to this bat in the dark theater scared silly as he/she watched Peter Cushing fight lady vampires. Neat that the kid saved it for 55 years so I could find it and share with you during the Halloween countdown. Thanks kid!

Here's the movie trailer to Brides of Dracula -

1 comment:

Phillyradiogeek said...

I have a couple of Hammer films on my DVR I need to get to. Now's the perfect time!