Monday, October 19, 2015

MYSTERY OF THE RUBBER ALIEN MASK


Aliens do exist and I have the photographic proof. Well...maybe aliens don't really exist but I have photographic proof of an alien rubber mask. I really don't know the origin of this mask. I picked it up at a auction in Southern Missouri about ten years ago.


The mask might be one-of-a-kind since it doesn't have any manufacturing marks. Maybe it's a prop mask from a TV show or movie. I really don't know and I'd like to solve the mystery.



The only clue I have is the crumpled LA Times newspapers that I found stuffed inside the mask. The papers are from 1996. Does this mean it was made by a special f/x company in LA in the mid-90s? Who knows? At first, I thought it might be a mask from X-Files, especially the episode Duane Barry.


This idea was shot down when I found one of the original prop masks in an auction catalog from 2010. My mask is similar but unless it was a background mask, it's probably not from this episode. Wrong color and wrong shape.

If anyone recognizes this alien mask please let me know because I'd like to solve the mystery! 

No comments: