Thursday, August 21, 2008

THE MAYOR IS BACK IN TOWN

Hi ya kids! Did you miss me? Sorry for the lack of posts, but I was too busy sorting thru my collection of moist towelletts and watching old reruns of Flipper.

I guess it’s time I get back to doing regular Mayor duties and take care of this kooky little town that I rule, uh. . . take care of. The first order of business was to spruce up the place and that’s just what I did. I added a spiffy new banner and cluttered up the sidebar with a bunch of stuff. Yay for more stuff!!!

The second order of business was to create another blog for the freaky folks that live on Weird Hollow - a spooky street at the edge of town.


To my chagrin I took the time and slapped one together. If you dare to visit - just click on the odd man with the tiny purple hat in the sidebar. I did park the past two Halloween countdowns over there and Weird Hollow will be the new home for future Halloween countdowns.

I hope the folks who live on Pirate Alley won’t expect me to create a special blog for their street. I just can’t do that for every street in Neato Coolville. I just don’t have the time.

Be sure to tune in this Monday as I have some new posts planned for the week and hopefully beyond. Maybe I’ll get organized and keep a better schedule. Yeah, right - and maybe they’ll make a sequel to the movie Tron.

A big thanks to everyone who stops by and visits this little imaginary town. All the imaginary people applaud you and that includes me. I wonder if I’m imaginary?

Some banners that I made up that didn't make the cut. The first one was a bit too much and the billboard on the second one is kind of boring. I like the idea of a billboard, so maybe I'll use it for something else.


6 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

Um...they might be making a Tron sequel NC. On that note, where's the 30 years of Star Wars site?

Glen Mullaly said...

Nice revamp Mr. Mayor. I like you alternate banner designs, but I think you made the right choice!

K0dama said...

Yay Halloween!

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

Welcome back! I do love the fun new banner. But the green monster in the reject banner seems a little sad that he wasn't picked.

Donna Lethal said...

Oh, the strawberry quik just makes it! Welcome back!

Todd Franklin said...

Mike - What? A sequel to Tron! No it could never happen - the nerd universe might split in two and I might have to get organized.

Glen - Thanks!

Joanne - It's almost here.

Brandon - Thanks! Yeah, he was smiling when I firt created him.

Donna - Thanks! Mmm Starberry Quik!