Monday, September 08, 2008

BOX OF 64 WITH THE BUILT-IN SHARPENER

Remember how much fun it was to pick out all your new school supplies in preparation for the first day of school. I always liked getting a new box of crayons and my choice like most kids was the big 64 count box of Crayola Crayons with the built-in sharpener.

Here’s an old unused box with all the original crayons before they started changing the color names.



Just for fun I found an old A-B-C book that I made in first or second grade. My “under the sea” cover has nothing to do with the pages inside.


I’ll spare you with only a few scanned alphabet pages.




Looking at these makes me want to buy some crayons and start coloring with them.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

They changed color names? Did they used to be politically incorrect? Oh wait, I do know that they used to have a "flesh" (a peachy beige), maybe that is now some other name? Indian Red, is that a no-no? Any others?

Kevin Kidney said...

I relish the memory of the wonderful smell of fresh crayons in a new box. Our family's modest income rarely allowed for us to get the big 64 box (with sharpener!), but I know I've owned at least one in my childhood.