Monday, December 04, 2006

THE SCI-FI BOYS

This is a must buy DVD and one of my favorites that I picked up this year. This documentary is very well put together with a genuine love for sci-fi and horror films and besides all the in depth film history, it’s also a fitting tribute to the true Sci-Fi boys, like Forrest J. Ackerman, Ray Harryhausen and Ray Bradbury. (Some of my heroes and I’m sure many of yours, too!)


There’s even some touching moments that will make the toughest gore head, monster fiend or Fangoria friend tear up!

The bonus features are truly real bonuses with more interviews, photo galleries and the priceless kids’ monster movies. These are so much fun to watch, that you’ll watch a few ‘em over and over.

I picked my copy up at Best Buy and I checked over at Amazon and they have it in stock. If you don’t have this in your DVD library, you better add this to your list for Sandy Claws!!

You’ll “flip” for tomorrow’s gift recommendation and if you’re a fisherman or have any on your list to shop for, stop back on Wednesday.

2 comments:

C. Martin Croker said...

Howdy Todd.
Some really cool posts as of late...
I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents and say that good companion DVDs to this one (and the Flip film) are the MONSTER KID MEMORIES 8mm film collection, and (though it ain't cheap) the supplimental disk on the recent Criterion release of EQUINOX.
I urge everybody interested in this type of stuff to check those out as well if you can (or haven't already).

Todd Franklin said...

Hi C. Martin and thanks for your comment and your recommendations. I have the Monster Kid Memories on my X-Mas list and I'm going to go check out the EQUINOX one. If only everything could be a Criterion release!

By the way, I've really been enjoying your blog with all those goodies of yummy info! Keep up the great work and thanks for stopping!!