Friday, October 04, 2024

Halloween Packaging Day 4 -- Mother's Mr. Pumpkin Beer

Mother's Brewing Company is out of Springfield, Missouri and they created one of my favorite Halloween themed packages.  I love the artwork on this box and even though pumpkin beer really isn't my choice of beer, I had to buy some Mr. Pumpkin. 


A fun thing is this design reminds me of one of my favorite books from childhood and that's The Man Who Lost His Head with artwork by the great Robert McCloskey.  
       
And you can see why as Mother's Mr. Pumpkin is very similar.  Maybe their artist was inspired by McCloskey's art.   

Eventually they dropped the dapper Mr. Pumpkin character for a Headless Horseman type.


From their website it looks like this is their current design for the seasonal beer.  
                                                          

No comments: